Sunday 4 September 2016

Tartelette In Bloom

Sunday 4 September 2016




(In order top left to bottom right of palette) charmer, jet setter, rocker, smoke show, flower child, smarty pants, firecracker, activist, funny girl, sweetheart, rebel, leader.

This palette has been on my wishlist for so long and when I saw it was no longer available on QVC I was so disappointed. However, in true beauty blogger style my friend and I decided we would just have to order it from America, luckily I had a discount code but customs tax is not ideal aha. Anyway, thankfully I have no regret in purchasing this palette and for anyone contemplating buying it even if it does mean paying more for shipping I will tell you now it is absolutely worth it.

I could not start this review without mentioning the packaging, it is so attractive and it feels sturdy with a generously sized mirror. It is very compact but that does not mean you are left short handed with the amount of eyeshadow you get for the price. I can also not forget to mention that itsmells so good!

Even though I don't think the name 'In Bloom' suggests it, this palette is the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette. In amongst it are a range of warm browns, bronzy coppers and rosy tones, all matte apart from 3 shimmers/lustres. Although it is a neutral palette the list of possibilities with this palette is endless. The intense shimmers along with the gorgeous red toned browns and off-black shade can dramatise any look. The pallete has also been cleverly designed so that each row is like a quad, so if you are not so confident pairing shades together it is easy!

In terms of the quality of the eyeshadows, these are exceptionally good. The darker matte shades are not as creamy as the lighter shades however all of the shades blend beautifully and are so pigmented with little to no fallout. The same goes for the shimmers, funny girl and fire cracker being particularly stunning and pigmented, almost foiled - the swatches don't do them justice. 

Apart from the fact it is no longer sold in the UK, I don't think I have one bad thing to say about this palette; it has already become a staple in my makeup collection! Let me know if you'd like to see some looks with this palette & if you've tried it. 

-Beth



17 comments:

  1. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous, great review! I hear so many great things about it that I think I will definitely pick it up when I go on holiday☺ Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shades! <3 love the photos!
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning I love that each row is like its own little quad of colours too, thanks for the review! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette looks gorgeous !
    www.staceylouisewhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this as a birthday present to myself last winter and I still love it! Great photos and swatches x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my current go to palette! And thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Ive had this on my wishlist for the longest time! It looks so pretty!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, I keep seeing this everywhere and want it! Rebel looks like a stunning shade - great photos and swatches lovely!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need this palette so bad! It's so stunning, and filled with ust the sort of shades I would wear - might be a little tempted now...

    Mind checking out my recent - it's a brand collab and outfit post ft. my fav bomber jacket of all time!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging is beautiful and the colour pigmentation looks pretty good definitely one that could be used every day :)

    Jodie xx
    www.jodiesjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are stunning! And I absolutely love those eyeshadows. They are gorgeous. Lovely post, Beth! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post and I have forever loved this palette! Love your pictures of it!
    Kate Xx
    http://luxekate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Beth Abigail © 2014