Tuesday 20 September 2016

Puglia, Italy

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Villa/Trulli


Monopoli




Polignano



Alberobello

As usual I have been unorganised which is why my summer travel post has been delayed to pretty much the end of summer and a good couple of weeks into school (for some of us). Even though it's late, I still want to share with you some pictures from my holiday to Puglia in the Southern region of Italy.

I'll start by mentioning what I think is one of the biggest things I like about Italy which is of course the food. I could have put so many more pictures of pizza and pasta in this post; I was restrained. If you do go to Italy however you have to try the foccacia breads and kinder ice cream (my lovely friend from Alice J Lorna told me I had to try it so credit to her!) Besides eating, we did actually go and visit a few of the towns nearby, one of them famous for cliff diving (Polignano); and Alberobello, a town full of traditional Trulli buildings (the conical ones). We were in fact also staying in a trulli with a lovely pool looking out to sea near Monopoli, a typical Italian style town. I will admit that most of my time on the holiday was spent sunbathing, because of course I had to make the most of the hot weather! I also couldn't forget to mention that if you visit this area try to go to the caves, they are amazing!

Anyway, I thought I would only briefly summarise the trip, I want this post to be mainly focused on photos. Hope you all had a great summer!

-Beth




18 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty!! X
    https://alicejlorna.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Beth! Your pictures are absolutely stunning! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures, I would love to travel to Italy some day! It is so beautiful :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Italian food so one of my top reasons for visiting the country would be the food for sure. I love your photos, beautiful place x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are so good! You are so pretty and Italy is so pretty.... I have visited most of Europe but never Italy and this post really is making me want to go!
    http://rockandrollgirlblog.wixsite.com/rockandrollgirl
    @RnRGirlBlogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely try and go if you get the chance! x

      Delete
  6. It looks gorgeous there, great pictures! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The post is so great! I love it so much:)
    Have a nice day!

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, Kinder icecream... sounds delicious!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos! <3
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I love this psot, your photos are just absoloutely beautiful - I've always wanted to go to Italy!!! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Iv never been to Italy before but I would love to go, it looks beautiful in your photos!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making me want to get on a plane immediately! Italy is my favourite place for holidays ever.

    Emma || http://www.fluffandfripperies.com/

    ReplyDelete

Beth Abigail © 2014