Saturday 2 July 2016

My MAC Quad

Saturday 2 July 2016





More recently, I've become really interested in eyeshadow. I know previously in the past I bought it purely because it looked pretty and I rarely wore it. However, thankfully that is not the case now and I consequently decided to treat my self and start a MAC quad, which I've filled with my own choices of shades gradually over the past few months. As well as being a great way to collect gorgeous eyeshadows, the MAC customisable palettes are great fun to fill even if £10 for a single eyeshadow is borderline very overpriced aha. I'd also suggest, if your not an expert, which I am not, chatting online to makeup artists or in store is really helpful when getting an idea of which shades will compliment each other.

Folie (Upper Left) - This shadow is a satin finish and is essentially matte. It is a really stunning pigmented brown shade with a red/rust undertone. It's one of those shades that I feel is an essential and the perfect brown to go with cranberry. Not only does it look gorgeous through the crease or to darken the outer corner of the lid, I also love to wear it all over the lid. I might do a post on one of these looks, let me know if you'd be interested!

Cranberry (Upper Right) - I decided to base the whole quad around this shade. When I bought it it was a bit out of my comfort zone however I've worn it so many times since, even around the house as it is so pretty! It is a true cranberry colour and is a frost finish with a nice shimmer to it. I will say though the pigmentation is not as good as the other shades however with a bit of MAC fix plus I've heard this is not such a problem, I am yet to own it myself though.

Texture (Lower Left) - This is the perfect orangey brown transition shade, recommended to me by a friend! It is one of MAC's Velvet formula eyeshadows; velvety being exactly how it feels to use. The shadow is also amazingly pigmented and has a slight shimmer in the pan, although on the lid this is barely noticeable. Another must-have shade.

Haux (Lower Right) - My most recent purchase to complete the palette and a very muted, brown toned pink. It is a satin finish and again really nicely pigmented and lovely to work with (although I have not properly worn it yet aha). I envision this working well as a transition shade for a more rosy toned look.

All in all I love this palette and its versatility; I also don't feel as though there is one shade I would change at the moment. The pigmentation of the shadows with the exception of cranberry (which is by no means bad) is excellent and they all blend beautifully. I personally always wear them over a primer/base (MAC Painterly), however they are swatched without. I'd love to know if any of you have collected any MAC eyeshadows you love, I am so tempted to start collecting more, it is very addictive aha. 

-Beth


14 comments:

  1. These shades sound lovely and they look really nice together! I would love to see a makeup look post using these eyeshadows :)

    What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the shades look so nice! Lovely post xx
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with them! And thank you :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely palette! All if the shades look so pretty! Great post! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shades you have picked in this MAC palette! I have had Cranberry on my wishlist for ages and seeing this swatch has made me want it even more :)

    X
    Anjelique
    http://anjelique.com.au | snapchat: anjeliquetv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning - definitely one to pick up! x

      Delete
  5. Love this quad! The colours are gorgeous and I think Cranberry is actually my all Time favourite Mac eyeshadow- love it! I made a MAC quad for my brows and recently did a post on it over on my blog- you should check it out! Lau xx

    www.lifeofl4u.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! I will definitely check out your post - sounds intriguing :) x

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos you have here!!! And gorgeous shades in this palette, I am not a huge fan of the MAC products (due to the high price) but I always enjoy reading reviews about them!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree with you about the price though - I like to think of MAC makeup as a treat aha. x

      Delete
  7. This palette is LUSH and perfect for autumn! I have a pre-made x9 palette in amber shades and I use it daily- unlike any other eyeshadows. Lydia Eve | www.lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

Beth Abigail © 2014